Private lodging business (minpaku)

To business operators

Please ensure that all necessary information is entered in the guest list.

Recently, there have been reports of crimes based in private lodging facilities where the identity of private lodging users is not sufficiently verified.

Business operators are requested to ensure the proper operation of private lodging businesses, including the thorough entry of necessary items in the guest list.

Matters to be recorded in the guest list
Please make a list of all the guests and make sure that they are entered correctly.
  1. Guest's name, address, occupation, contact information
  2. Date of stay (date and time of arrival and departure)
  3. If you are a foreign tourist who does not have an address in Japan, your nationality and passport number (Please save a copy of your passport with the list of guests.)

Request from the Metropolitan Police Department to post a "special anti-fraud poster"

Click here for the request document (PDF file; 21KB)

Click here for the poster (PDF file; 1100KB)

Overview of Private Lodging Business (Minpaku)

If you want to run a residential lodging business (private lodging) in Bunkyo Ward, you need to notify the ward. Notification will start from March 15, 2018.

From June 15th, 2018, private lodging operators who have submitted the notification will be able to operate a business that provides lodging services using housing for a period not exceeding 180 days a year (with restrictions depending on the area). will be

Correlation diagram

Restricted areas for private lodging business in Bunkyo Ward

Based on the provisions of Article 18 of the law, the ward has established ordinances to limit the implementation of private lodging business in the following areas.

Target area: Residential area, residential area, semi-industrial area, educational area

Private lodging business cannot be conducted in the above target areas from noon on Sunday to noon on Friday.

*Please check the city planning map search system for restricted areas.

Information for residents

About notified housing of private lodging business

Guidance for those who intend to start private lodging business

※Prior consultation (reservation system) to ward is necessary before report.

Private lodging system portal site and call center

Regarding the residential lodging business, the Tourism Agency of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism has set up a "private lodging system portal site" that posts the system and notification methods, etc., and a "minpaku system call center" that accepts inquiries and complaints.

1. Private lodging system portal site (links to an external page)

*Search for "minpaku system", "minpaku portal site", etc.

2. Minpaku system call center

[Phone number] 0570-041-389 * Nationwide navigation dial (Call charges are borne by the caller)

[Reception date and time] Weekdays 9:00-18:00

* Outside of business hours, please use the web inquiry form.

Contact information

1-16-21 Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8555

Bunkyo Civic Center 8F south side

Life Sanitation Section Environmental Sanitation Section

Phone number: 03-5803-1227

Fax: 03-5803-1386

to mail form

Back to blog